EPG Specialty Information
IMBIBE Adult Beverage Consumer Reports
IMBIBE is a report series that provides an in-depth examination of beverage alcohol drinking behavior in the United States.
This proprietary study, conducted by EPG Specialty Information and its Beverage Information Group analysts, provides a comprehensive understanding of consumer alcohol consumption across six drinker personas in the Retail and On-premise channels.
IMBIBE assesses drinking and shopping behaviors in the beer, wine, and distilled spirits categories.
IMBIBE identified six distinctive consumer personas in the United States.
- Casual Drinkers
- Moderate Socializers
- Aspirational Urbanites
- Comfortable Urbanites
- Value-Seeking Beer Enthusiasts
- Affluent Urban Adventurers
The IMBIBE series includes ‘The American Drinker’ overview, along with each of the six persona reports. Insights from the study reveal drinking behaviors within each persona:
- Category and segment drinking preferences.
- Beverage alcohol channel consumption frequency and dollar share.
- Category and segment consumption frequency across channels.
- Number of drinks by category price tier and premise type.
- How leading cocktails appeal to each persona.
- eCommerce shopping preferences.
- Product attributes each persona seeks when making purchase decisions.
- Reasons consumers drink and their primary drinking occasions.
- The demographics necessary to understand where they live and how to target them.
The IMBIBE survey was conducted in late 2022 and was completed by 2,000+ adults of legal drinking age, balanced for gender, age, income, and distributed geographically across the United States. The survey data was then segmented by multivariate clustering using the K-means algorithm.
Your purchase of the IMBIBE Adult Beverage Consumer Report Series, includes the introductory report, ‘The American Drinker’, and six detailed personas reports. Each report is about 7-8 pages and will auto download upon purchase. Available in PDF.
Sales on data products are final.